Toggle feature in Cascade Story Map

Jump to solution
10-27-2016 12:51 PM
JamesWilliams7
New Contributor

Hello ESRi, I'm building a story map and would like to use a design feature similar to that which you have used in your "River Reborn" map. I'm referring to the map "Fish Return to the Elwha", in which you include a layer list-like toggle allowing users to view stream reaches for specific fish species. How does one duplicate this toggle feature?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi James,

The River Reborn was an early custom prototype story, so not all of its features have been incorporated into the Cascade builder. That layer toggle is one of the features that is currently not available.

It is possible for web developers to build that type of element if they download the Cascade source code, but it would be a significant effort. We hope to release a developer guide and some code samples in the future to help developers who are interested in customizing Cascade, but those materials are not ready at this time. We would also like to add that feature to the Cascade builder in the future, but we don't currently have a timeline on when it would be available.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi James,

The River Reborn was an early custom prototype story, so not all of its features have been incorporated into the Cascade builder. That layer toggle is one of the features that is currently not available.

It is possible for web developers to build that type of element if they download the Cascade source code, but it would be a significant effort. We hope to release a developer guide and some code samples in the future to help developers who are interested in customizing Cascade, but those materials are not ready at this time. We would also like to add that feature to the Cascade builder in the future, but we don't currently have a timeline on when it would be available.

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps
0 Kudos
JamesWilliams7
New Contributor

Thanks Owen. I thought that might be the case. Nonetheless, the new cascade story map feature is an excellent new tool.

Thanks,

Bo