Need advice no exporting the shapefile and raster

10-26-2016 10:35 AM
KonstantinGorskov
New Contributor

Hi!

I have raster mosaic dataset in one layer, which consists of many images (tiles);

On top of it, I have shapefile, which I am rendering using Symbology->Categories->Unique Values with different colors;

Now, I want to export my shapefile layer to raster image tiles, to match it with raster mosaic database as raster data, not vector anymore.

Each raster image resolution is 10000x10000, and I want to export vector layer tiles at the same one, to have perfect match.

How to do this?

Firstly I thought to convert vector data to raster. But then how can I create mosaic database later from it? Seems confusing.
Also, when I actually tried doing so, my resulting raster image was one full solid color, not the multicolor display I get from using Symbology->Categories->Unique Values;

Can anyone provide any advice on this?

Basically, I have shapefile overlayed on top of ratser mosaic database, and want to export them as raster image tiles seperately, one tile set for raster images, one set for vector images.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

not sure why you are doing this, but you must have used a field of data in the conversion which represented the color/class.  If the raster is one color, then there was one class used.  You should re-examine your steps and report back

0 Kudos