Where is "move to basemap" option

Jump to solution
10-27-2016 09:28 AM
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

I just installed Portal 10.4.1 and expected to see the 'move to basemap' option.  Does anyone know when this will be available in portal?

More info:  In ArcGIS online, you can create a composite basemap by adding an additional tiled map service, and then choosing the 'move to basemap' option as in the screen shot.  I don't see this option in the context menu for a tiled map service in Portal.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulDavidson1

It appears that will be available in 10.5 (sorry, my insert hyperlink button is not showing up in my IE browser, so here's the raw link):

http://server.arcgis.com/en/portal/10.5/use/choose-basemap.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_5C28F0CDBF184E0D96D010E...

which reads (under Create multilayer basemap):

Browse to a layer that you want to move to the basemap and do the following:

1. Modify the layer as needed. Depending on the layer type, modifications may include configuring pop-ups, changing the style, and so on. Any changes you make will persist when you move the layer to the basemap.
  2. Click More Options More Options and click Move to Basemap Move to Basemap.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulDavidson1

It appears that will be available in 10.5 (sorry, my insert hyperlink button is not showing up in my IE browser, so here's the raw link):

http://server.arcgis.com/en/portal/10.5/use/choose-basemap.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_5C28F0CDBF184E0D96D010E...

which reads (under Create multilayer basemap):

Browse to a layer that you want to move to the basemap and do the following:

1. Modify the layer as needed. Depending on the layer type, modifications may include configuring pop-ups, changing the style, and so on. Any changes you make will persist when you move the layer to the basemap.
  2. Click More Options More Options and click Move to Basemap Move to Basemap.
0 Kudos