ArcGIS Administration Problem in 10.3.1??

Jump to solution
10-27-2016 04:58 AM
Labels (1)
JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

When I open ArcGIS administration, I cannot change my concurrent or basic or standard seats. They are not available (greyed out). I cannot change my License Manager either. I am not sure if it is an administration rights problem since I contacted IT and they cannot change it either. So, I can change it on my server but not on my desktop. I need to be able to change it on my local machine if needed. Any help is appreciated?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos
6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Make sure NO ArcGIS Desktop session is open. Also check the Task Manager if any related process is open. End Task the process if open.

Also RUN the ArcGIS Administrator as Administrator.

Think Location
JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

I check all. I cannot run as administrator. I need to set my permissions to create, edit, and/or set value. Setting to full access would be ideal but IT most likely will not set to full access. I looked into the registry editor for the License. On my local machine, it has only read only. What do you think?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
JamesFitzgerald3
New Contributor III

Every item is set to Professional and Float. I think I need to change my permissions to more than read only to change the seats or license manager. Thanks

Registry Editor

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yup... Read/Write access required (maybe Full Control in this case). Take Full Control for the Esri Folder in Registry.

Think Location
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos