Cannot Upload files to Portal

10-28-2016 12:33 PM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Getting an odd, encrypted error in Portal when trying to upload any kind of file - Going through My Content, Add Item, From my Computer.  first part of the error is 'fsjsontoken2y..'   (I did have a tag but deleted it before taking this screen shot, so that's not the problem).

Thanks -

Allen

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Allen,

I've experienced similar issues like you see above when performing tasks in Portal using FireFox.  Try another browser, such as Chrome, and see if the same issue occurs.

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Thanks Jake - 

It happens in Chrome, Firefox and IE unfortunately.

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Actually this is working in IE 10, getting the error in Firefox and Chrome.  

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

What version of Portal, Firefox, and Chrome are you using? 

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Portal 10.4

FF 49.0.2

Chrome 54.0.2840.71

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Hi Allen,

I received a similar error using:

Portal 10.4.1

FF 49.0.2

Chrome 54.0.2840.71

IE 11

The only browser I was able to get to work successfully was Edge.  I would recommend following up with Tech Support to see if this is a bug.  If it is, they will log it and add your customer information to it so that you will be notified when it's resolved. 

Also, it would be beneficial if you posted if this was a bug, or configuration setting back to this post.

0 Kudos
AllenScully

Thanks Jake - 

I'll follow up w/ Tech Support and update here accordingly - 

Allen

0 Kudos
PaulDavidson1

I recently had some similar problems of uploading zipped file.gdbs to Portal (10.4.1).  We finally figured out that moving from Chrome to IE fixed the problem.  This was under Win7, IE 11.  Https only Portal (I suspect this is key to the issue?)

Chrome is:  54.0.2840.71 m (64-bit)

As I result, I'm staying away from Chrome when doing any admin work in Portal, for now at least. 

This was one of the most bizarre and head scratching browser incompatibilities I've ever seen.

Sorry to hear Jake has had issues with IE11 but since Edge solved it, sounds like that means Win10 was involved?

It would be nice to see a gotcha thread started for Portal for these types of issues (and hopefully fixes).

I don't believe GeoNet has the concept of a sticky thread though, does it?  Sticky if things keep being added, otherwise a thread falls off the page until touched again?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Allen,

Please apply this patch to address the issue, Portal for ArcGIS Home Application Upload Patch 

Hope this helps,