Right of Way analysis tools

Jump to solution
10-28-2016 07:04 AM
Ravi_Nigudkar
New Contributor II

Hi Folks

Does anyone know of find python scripts and workflows for Right of Way analysis? Where can I find information of best practices for ROW analysis?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TedKowal
Occasional Contributor III

Your question is very broad and hard to answer in a meaningful context...

I would suggest to search and read up on Corridor analysis?

For Highway Engineering this is a good reading site for analyzing roads... Corridor Analysis 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

In an urban context? Parcel fabric?  How about Geoprocessing tools? Spatial modelling like for pipeline/utility right of ways?

You had better clarify... and with the software version number and your adeptness with coding as well to limit options.

0 Kudos
Ravi_Nigudkar
New Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding to my post. I am trying to figure out how the pipeline industry or transportation industry use a python script or a workflow for or a process to do right of way analysis. It is in urban setting so parcels are involved. But I don't know much about parcel fabrics and how they are used.

I am very limited in terms of my knowledge of python coding. I can do the basic and not much.

I am trying to figure what kind of data is required. Parcel data, the actual pipeline segment. 

Is there a process?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks again.

Ravi

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

And to add to Ted's recommendation, Cost Path analysis is another tool if you are looking for modelling more in open or less constrained space.

0 Kudos
Ravi_Nigudkar
New Contributor II

Where could I find the cost path analysis tool

0 Kudos
DarrenWiens2
MVP Honored Contributor

Look into "pipeline alignment sheets". There are lots of examples out there, and lots of third party tools that will generate them for you.

0 Kudos
TedKowal
Occasional Contributor III

Your question is very broad and hard to answer in a meaningful context...

I would suggest to search and read up on Corridor analysis?

For Highway Engineering this is a good reading site for analyzing roads... Corridor Analysis