Textured Mesh Elevation Error

11-02-2016 11:33 AM
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

My first attempt at processing my drone imagery using D2M and adding the resulting textured mesh as an instance of IntegratedMeshLayer to a Map in a SceneView within the js api. It appears the mesh layer is being displayed below the surface but is still visible. Would appreciate if anyone can take a look and see what my issue may be?

Thanks in advance for your time

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AnthonyMason
Esri Contributor

Ryan,

Because of the inaccuracies of GPS systems on drones, and how this data is collected relative to the ellipsoid, this is actually very common. 

The workflow to assure your meshes are at the correct (Orthometric) elevation, you will need to add ground control points around your project area and reprocess.

Thanks

Tony

MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply Anthony,

Is there a tutorial on the proper way to set ground control points? I believe im doing it right but not certain. I would place a point on the basemap in 2d mode then open up the image table and add the corresponding point to the drone imagery. I added about four different GCP's to the corners of the project area and matched 8 points to every corresponding drone image.

I reprocessed and ended up with a textured mesh that was slanted at almost a 45 degree angle lol.  

0 Kudos
MeganWirth
Occasional Contributor

Anthony are there any tutorials on processing workflows for drone2map?

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos