eSearch how to configure to show less info in search grid than info window

Jump to solution
11-03-2016 08:13 AM
BrijeshSingh1
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

I am using your eSearch widget, it is a great widget.

But for some reason I am not able to configure it, so that i can show only few details in search result grid (e.g. PROJ_ID, PROJ_Location only) but when I hover my mouse on one of the return result, popup info window should show all the details like PROJ_ID, PROJ_LOCATION, PROJ_DESCRIPTION, PROJ_COST and so on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Brijesh

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brijesh,

You do know that Flex is a dead end path right? You should be using Web App Builder now a days.

But to answer your question if you want something to appear in the data grid and not in the popup or eSearch widgets result then you use the grid field only option in the configuration.

<field name="LAST_UPDATED" alias="Last Updated" gridfield="true" gridfieldonly="true" dateformat="MM/DD/YYYY" useutc="true"/>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brijesh,

You do know that Flex is a dead end path right? You should be using Web App Builder now a days.

But to answer your question if you want something to appear in the data grid and not in the popup or eSearch widgets result then you use the grid field only option in the configuration.

<field name="LAST_UPDATED" alias="Last Updated" gridfield="true" gridfieldonly="true" dateformat="MM/DD/YYYY" useutc="true"/>

0 Kudos
BrijeshSingh1
New Contributor

Robert,

Thanks for the reply. We have some old projects designed with Flex Viewer 2.5, and we are trying to upgrade everything to 3.7. I will try the configuration you suggested. And will explore Web App Builder as well for future projects.

Thanks again,

Brijesh

0 Kudos