Is there a near analysis that uses attributes to match features and then gives a location or at least a bearing and distance?

11-21-2016 08:58 PM
ErikDavidson
New Contributor

I need to match corner parcel centroids to their corresponding street segment. I want to create an event layer from a near analysis (that matches by street name) to be able to place or create a new point near the street. It would be fantastic if the match could use a like statement to widen the search and lessen front end attribute processing. The standard near analysis is only driven by distance and does not accomplish the matching. Near by Group only offers the distance. I need the location or at least the distance and a bearing.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Generate Near Table—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop has other options, but matching by attribute would probably require filtering by the attribute prior to performing the analysis or at least filtering by a distance search to contain the results.  The resultant table has numerous options including the coordinates, angle and ranks if you select the appropriate options.  

0 Kudos