The Next Generation of ArcGIS Runtime is Here!

11-21-2016 03:46 PM
7 Replies
ISDBWC
by
New Contributor II

Hello, I received the announcement today that the commercial release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK .NET was released. At the download website one can download the Visual Studio Extension (VSIX) file. In the .NET guide it says in the system requirements that on macOS Xamarin Studio is supported for Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android development but no explanation is provided on how to install the SDK in Xamarin Studio. Step 5 of the Visual Studio installation shows a screenshot of the NuGet Package Manager showing also 3 Xamarin packages but when I search the NuGet website non of these packages exist.

I am a Mac user and have Xamarin Studio installed. Can someone explain how I can use ArcGIS Runtime SDK .NET in conjunction with Xamarin Studio on macOS to develop Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Android mobile apps?

Thank you

0 Kudos
RexHansen
Esri Contributor

Support for Xamarin Studio will be provided via packages hosted on NuGet.org.  The blog post states that these packages will be available "in the near future".  To be more specific, they will be available within the next week.  Apologies for the delay.  In the meantime, you can download the VSIX, extract it's contents (it's essentially a zip file), then copy and reference the NuGet packages locally within Xamarin Studio.

0 Kudos
ISDBWC
by
New Contributor II

Thank you. I will do that. How are mobile apps that are created using the ArcGIS Runtime for Xamarin licensed? Do organizations that download the app only require ArcGIS server license? Do they have to have an ArcGIS Online subscription? Where can I read more about that?

0 Kudos
ISDBWC
by
New Contributor II

The zip file includes a nuget folder with 4 nuget packages all version 100.0.0.1369-beta. I downloaded the code samples in Github for .NET. The iOS and Android solutions in the Xamarin Forms solution reference all 100.0.0 versions of the nuget packges. Xamarin Studio did not accept therefore the nuget packages from the VSIX archive. I removed the package references in the sample projects and added instead the 100.0.0.1369-beta packages but when trying to build the solution I get the following error: 

/arcgis-runtime-samples-dotnet-master/src/Forms/Shared/Samples/MapView/DisplayDrawingStatus/DisplayDrawingStatus.xaml.cs(57,57): Error CS0246: The type or namespace name `DrawStatusChangedEventArgs' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? (CS0246) (ArcGISRuntime.Xamarin.Forms.Android)

There seems to be no reference in the sample solutions to an ESRI.ArcGISRuntime.Controls package that has the DrawStatusChangedEventArgs class. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
CharlesRoberts1
New Contributor III

Any idea when .NET WPF Runtime SDK will include WMS support?

0 Kudos
RexHansen
Esri Contributor

WMS support is currently slated for our first update, 100.1, which is scheduled for release Q2 2017. 

0 Kudos
JackHansen2
New Contributor

Hi Rex, is 100.1 still scheduled for Q2 2017? Is the SLPK functionality going to be opened up to point clouds as well?

0 Kudos