Navigator 2.0 - Adding basemap (image)

11-21-2016 02:05 PM
MarkGiesbrecht3
New Contributor II

Hi Esri Wizards -

Is adding a custom basemap (image) possible?  I've been trying to load a mosaic dataset as another basemap to my mobile map package, and get an error that it is not a valid dataset.  Imagery not supported at this point?

Cheers

Mark

Error Below:

arcgisscripting.ExecuteError: The layer type is not supported in runtime content: Basemap/JackfishPike2014UAVRGBIThe layer type is not supported in runtime content: Basemap/BoundaryLayer accesses feature or tabular data type not supported in runtime content: Basemap/FootprintThe layer type is not supported in runtime content: Basemap/FootprintThe layer type is not supported in runtime content: Basemap/ImageFailed to execute (CreateMobileMapPackage).

Tags (2)
4 Replies
ScottSandusky
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

You are correct that today imagery is not supported within the .mmpk (mobile map package) format.  This will likely be supported sometime in 2017.

MarkGiesbrecht3
New Contributor II

Thanks for the quick response, Scott.  I look forward to it!

0 Kudos
Natalie_MRunyan1
New Contributor II

any updated timeline on this capability?  If implemented, would I be able to use the network from StreetMapPremium Custom over the imagery (ie, instead of the cartoon map currently included?)  We're navigating two-track farm roads, forest roads and/or oil field service roads that may or may not be included in StreetMap, and until we are able to add these to the road network ourselves, we'd like to have the imagery for heads-up navigation where StreetMap doesn't exist.swipe view of imagery and Streetmap: 10 sq km area in SE NM, USA where StreetMap has only 6 roads, while we travel on the more than 60 roads actually present

The reason I'm asking for a timeline is that we are prototyping a potential custom application to be deployed by March 2018, and really want to understand the technological limitations of an MMPK with an imagery basemap might cost in extent and scale limitations on a mobile platform.  (I assume the existing streetmap is a vector tile map, whereas the imagery would required a tiled map cache.)

Any chance you have any parameters that have been used during development of this capability that could educate our decision-making?  For example, you might give me something like this, for your own specific scenarios being tested: "20 levels from 1:1,500,000 to 1:11,000 , for 20K sq km area, is 2 GB".  If not, perhaps you can give me some indication of what content size you are imagining Navigator can realistically support in driving mode on a mobile device (in our case iOS tablets)?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
TroyTreat
New Contributor II

Hi Scott,

I've created a small TPK file that should serve as a suitable background for my Navigator Map.  How can I get this background into my Navigator Map?  I'm using Navigator 2.0 and iOS 10.3.1

0 Kudos