Web AppBuilder 2.2 compatibility with OGC WFS Service

Jump to solution
11-26-2016 10:26 AM
krishan_kumarsidh
New Contributor III

Hi, I have added WFS service layer in web map and able to perform tasks like identify, buffer etc. but when configuring this web map with Web AppBuilder nothing is working.

Does Web AppBuilder widgets only works with ESRI Map/Feature service and can not be configured with WMS and WFS?.

Thanks in advance!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Krishan,

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS should be able to work with both WFS and WMS services.

In the case of WFS services, they will behave as they do in the ArcGIS Online map viewer. For some details, see this blog: What’s New with OGC Support in ArcGIS Online (June 2016) | ArcGIS Blog 

I just tested a WFS service in Web AppBuilder and the content displays, pop-ups are supported, but you're right - the Analysis widget does not seem to be working with its content. We are investigating this issue. Can you please contact Esri Tech Support so we can get additional use cases to test?

For WMS services, you can add them to Web AppBuilder with the Add Data widget,
Add Data widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi Krishan,

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS should be able to work with both WFS and WMS services.

In the case of WFS services, they will behave as they do in the ArcGIS Online map viewer. For some details, see this blog: What’s New with OGC Support in ArcGIS Online (June 2016) | ArcGIS Blog 

I just tested a WFS service in Web AppBuilder and the content displays, pop-ups are supported, but you're right - the Analysis widget does not seem to be working with its content. We are investigating this issue. Can you please contact Esri Tech Support so we can get additional use cases to test?

For WMS services, you can add them to Web AppBuilder with the Add Data widget,
Add Data widget—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

krishan_kumarsidh
New Contributor III

Hi Darek,

Thanks for the response.

Also I have tried configuring WFS layer with off panel Search widget by adding new search resource and found that WFS layers present in web map are not visible under ‘Select from Map’ option. Also Add from ArcGIS Online option is showing only Feature and Map Services. Same goes with In-panel Query widget.

Regards,

Krishan

DerekLaw

Hi Krishan,

Can you please contact Esri Tech Support so we can get additional use cases to test?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
krishan_kumarsidh
New Contributor III

Sure Derek. Thank you.

0 Kudos
AnnekeThackrah1
New Contributor

Hi Krishan,

I also find that the filter, select, query webappbuilder widgets (and more) does not work with WFS or WMS services. Any feedback from Esri?

İSMAİLGÖKDUMAN
New Contributor III

Bu konuda esri tarafından bir güncelleme varmı yoksa hala wfs sorgulanabilir değil mi

0 Kudos