Desktop 10.4 cannot connect online

11-24-2016 09:59 AM
MINZHIYE
New Contributor III

I am using a desktop version 10.4 at home. I got the license through my school so each time I should connect my VPN to run the software. It was no problem before; however, since last month, I found my software cannot connect the Arcgis online so the basemap as well as other functions cannot be used. 

not connected

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor
MINZHIYE
New Contributor III

Thank you, that solved a half of my problem. I still cannot connect to the online resources, but I managed to open maps through ArcCatalog. However, since I still cannot connect to the online resources, some tools just failed to achieve, such as projecting my map or running regression analysis. My proxy server test is okay. It was my Network Latency Test - Undetermined ; Network Route Test - Failed. Both reasons are unknown. 

I'm sending an email to my school's IT, but if you or anyone know any strategies, please let me know. Thank you!

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Did you try Step 4?

4. Does the problematic network have a firewall?

If you do, you may need to work with IT to add some exceptions to it. Here is a list of domains to whitelist:

1. *.arcgis.com
  2. *.arcgisonline.com
  3. *.amazonaws.com
  4. *.virtualearth.net (for Bing maps)
  5. *.esri.com

Else check if disabling the antivirus helps?

Think Location
0 Kudos
MINZHIYE
New Contributor III

No, I don't have a firewall. 

0 Kudos
MINZHIYE
New Contributor III

Today, it amazingly can use project function, but the software still cannot be connected. Strange.

0 Kudos