create marker points along a route

Jump to solution
11-30-2016 04:17 AM
johnwoollett1
New Contributor II

Hi

I need to create marker points along a route at 100m intervals and place a distance label on each one, how can this be done in the desktop?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
XanderBakker
Esri Esteemed Contributor

You can "hatch" a route and create the markers and labels as described here: About hatching route feature classes—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
johnwoollett1
New Contributor II

Hi

Looks OK for a single marker, but not for a string of markers all along the route. Looks like I need to  generate some data with the Route Identifier and event points incrementing at 100m somehow to plot out by dynamic segmentation.

John Woollett

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

If you want permanent feature, you can use the COGO tools: Splitting lines proportionally—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Make a copy of your line feature class, start editing it, run the proportional split from the COGO toolbar and then convert the new splite lines vertices to point features.

Dan's example is probably better for your purpose.

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

You can "hatch" a route and create the markers and labels as described here: About hatching route feature classes—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

johnwoollett1
New Contributor II

Hi

Thanks - thats useful

John Woollett

0 Kudos
XanderBakker

Hi john woollett , I see you marked your own reply as the correct answer. I may be more helpful for other users that have the same question to indicate which answer helped you the most as the correct answer.

Kind regards, Xander

0 Kudos