ATS issues

11-30-2016 09:09 PM
AnnaSimms
New Contributor

Since Apple will force all apps to connect to web services over an HTTPS connection rather than http, and the deadline is the last day of 2016(Apple will require HTTPS connections for iOS apps by the end of 2016 | TechCrunch ).

Are we still able to use "NSExceptionDomains" to make exception like the Install Guide (Install and set up—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers ) mentioned "Handle application transport security(ATS)"?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DiveshGoyal
Esri Regular Contributor

I do not know for sure, that is a question for Apple, but I've read that many app developers just can't get away from using plain HTTP connections and so they might need to justify those exceptions when they submit their app for review. Based on that justification, Apple would decide. 

Esri & ArcGIS Online servers already support the latest HTTPS technologies so you don't need to add any exceptions to connect to those domains, but you need to decide independently for other domains that your app connects to.

0 Kudos
AnnaSimms
New Contributor

Hi, Divensh,

Thanks for your reply.

If the Arcgis servers support the HTTPS technologies, then it shouldn't be a problem. 

Cause what i read from the guide(Install and set up—ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS | ArcGIS for Developers ), it's still need add this "NSThirdPartyExceptionAllowsInsecureHTTPLoads" parameter to domain "arcgisonline.com" and "arcgis.com".

0 Kudos
RyanOlson1
Esri Contributor
0 Kudos