Http vs Https using Locator Perspective Web App

12-02-2016 12:50 PM
deleted-user-lPToQDelsaap
New Contributor II

I created a web map that is consumed by the Locator Perspective web app template.

HTTP - Fuel Site Locator

Using the link as an http, the locator button is not there, but driving directions are accessible when a user clicks on the car icon next to a location. If I open it in a secure connection by adding the s, the directions do not work but the locator button is there.

HTTPS - Fuel Site Locator

Is this a known bug?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Brian Kingery,

Starting with Google Chrome version 50, some of the HTML5 web APIs will require websites to be using a secure origin like HTTPS to work correctly. The APIs that will be affected are: GeolocationFullscreenDevice motion and Device orientation.

You can read more about it here:

Increased web API security in Google Chrome | ArcGIS Blog 

What you can do?

In order to keep everything working as expected, make sure that your apps are using a secure origin. See the following resources for setting up your organization, portal, or server with HTTPS.

0 Kudos
deleted-user-lPToQDelsaap
New Contributor II

So what do I need to do so that a truck driver can open this app on his phone and click the locator button to find his location and then select the closet fuel site? The app works if the driver manually selects his location on a map or if they know what address they are at, but I would like the locate button to work with the directions.

0 Kudos