Why does the page refresh and not save table edits via "data" page?

Jump to solution
12-06-2016 02:03 PM
WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

I have a Feature Service in AGOl with editing enabled. When I go to the "Data" page under item description and try to edit records, the page refreshes after I hit enter and erases the edit. I am an admin and able to edit other layers, but not this one. I am able to edit the records via the map, but not the data page for some reason.

Any help appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

Thanks Katie,

I did a bit more testing today, and yes it seems to have been a problem with the specific layer. It thought that a field was included twice in the table, or the query was asking for a field twice.

In the end I exported the feature service to a GDB, used that GDB in ArcMap to overwrite the FS. It is now working again.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

Further information:

If I look at the network log from the chrome console, I get this:

{"addResults":[],"updateResults":[{"objectId":1,"globalId":null,"success":false,"error":{"code":1000,"description":"The variable name '@ID' has already been declared. Variable names must be unique within a query batch or stored procedure."}}],"deleteResults":[]}

It seems like there is some kind of SQL error, not sure why.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

If it is only reproducible with one feature layer we would most likely need to do some testing with that specific feature layer. I think this is a good candidate for a Technical Support case.

Please let me know if you need assistance getting a case created.

Best,

Katie

WillMcInnes
New Contributor III

Thanks Katie,

I did a bit more testing today, and yes it seems to have been a problem with the specific layer. It thought that a field was included twice in the table, or the query was asking for a field twice.

In the end I exported the feature service to a GDB, used that GDB in ArcMap to overwrite the FS. It is now working again.