AGOL Group Question

Jump to solution
12-06-2016 11:40 AM
KevinCross2
New Contributor III

I have created a map application that I have shared with a group inside my organization.  This group has 20+ people inside the group and all members have access to the map and data within the map.  I just created a new user and added him to the group, so he could access the maps, like everyone else.  However, after doing so he can view the map but not the data inside the map?  Am I missing a permission for him to view the data?  Is there a "lag" time before he can view everything?  I've never experienced this problem and am having a hard time figuring out what the problem is!  Any help, idea's, etc... would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KevinCross2
New Contributor III

Sorry for the delayed response.  Kelly, you were right, sort of.  I hadn't added the new user to one of the groups' needed to view the data.  Once I added the new user to the proper group, he could see all of our data!  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

Make sure that both the map and the application have the same permissions. 

0 Kudos
KevinCross2
New Contributor III

Rickey,

I've checked all the permission's and they are the same!

0 Kudos
SethLewis1
Occasional Contributor III

Does your new user receive an error message after the layer fails to load? What does the browser console show?

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Can you share the web map? It sounds like the data hasn't been shared with the user viewing the data.DOes the web map contain feature services or feature collections?

-Kelly

0 Kudos
KevinCross2
New Contributor III

Sorry for the delayed response.  Kelly, you were right, sort of.  I hadn't added the new user to one of the groups' needed to view the data.  Once I added the new user to the proper group, he could see all of our data!  

0 Kudos