Has anyone used the bivariate choropleth map renderer recently?

12-07-2016 08:17 AM
CaraMayo2
New Contributor III

I recently downloaded and started using the bivariate choropleth map renderer (found on this blog) and it doesn't seem to be working properly.  I have categorized each variable into three classes (1,2, and 3) based on breaks I have determined and the results I’m getting are not coming out accurately.  I've attached an example map below. The center map is the bivariate choropleth map with choropleth maps of each variable on the side. There are a lot of small communities that can be hard to see, but one area that is pretty obvious is the bright blue (indicating high commercial engagement and low social vulnerability) along the west side of the bv map when the choropleth map for commercial engagement shows low values. Can you think of a reason this could be happening? Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a comment by a. buckley may be pertinent... too much to download, register and test. Perhaps a screen grab from your side might be useful

TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor
0 Kudos
CaraMayo2
New Contributor III

I've attached an example map above along with a brief explanation of what to look for. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AileenBuckley
Esri Contributor

I am not able to reproduce this problem on my end. Could you possibly send me your data to experiment with? My email is abuckley@esri.com. Thanks!

0 Kudos