Sign In to ArcGIS Online Fails

12-08-2016 09:20 AM
JasonBalmut
Occasional Contributor III

I can't sign in to ArcGIS Online through City Engine (v 2016.1.2875 160919R).  I've tried adding a more specific link to our County's AGOL site through Preferences > Network > Portals, but that fails too.  There are a few forum posts about this same issue in ArcMap dating back to 2011 all the way up to 2015 with many of the answers involving edits to the registry key.  I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

Login error

9 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Jason

have you tried to perform a Connection test?

JasonBalmut

Thomas,

The 'Network Latency Test' fails.  I'm using the same login and password as my AGOL account so I know that is not the issue, even though the original error message says that it is.  I went into Preferences > Reset Preferences and unchecked the Remove HTTP Proxy Settings to see if that would fix it (FME has a similar issue).  It didn't, so I went back in to the Reset Preferences page and the setting was still checked.  In fact, I cannot change any of those settings including the Welcome Wizard.  That's an obvious bug which I will report separately.

This specific error in the test results is reported as a network-related issue on most forums with no solutions besides increasing the timeout lengths of time.  Even then, the solution rarely works.

Suggestions?

Network Latency Test Results

0 Kudos
SimonHaegler
Esri Contributor

sorry for the very late reply - have you ever been able to solve this issue?

0 Kudos
JasonBalmut

Simon,

I tried again this morning (6/16/2017) with no luck.  Same error.  I haven't had to use CityEngine in quite some time so it hasn't been an issue.  What could be causing it?

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Jason,

Here is a guess what might cause your login issues. The login user name for CityEngine is case sensitive,

whereas on ArcGIS Online is not. Please go to the account settings in ArcGIS Online check if there are any capital letters in your user name. Then type the name exactly as shown there into the CityEngine ArcGIS Online "Name" field.

If you do not use a portal, one can use the standard URL https://www.arcgis.com for login.

Please excuse the inconsistent login experience. I hope this will get harmonized in the future.

JasonBalmut1
New Contributor II

Thomas,

That's a helpful tip, but it's not the issue; I always remember to use the proper cases in my username.

0 Kudos
YanWANG3
New Contributor

Hi, Jason@Jason Balmut,

Now, I am in the same trouble with you.

Do you have solved with it, if so, could you give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Yan

0 Kudos
JasonBalmut1
New Contributor II

Yan, the issue is still not resolved in the version I am using: Esri CityEngine 2016.1.2875 (Build Date: 160919, release, win32-64bit)

I have not upgraded to the latest which might have solved that problem.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

In our case, we had to configure the HTTP Proxy correctly in the 'preferences' dialog box:

Enter in the Proxy Host, Port, user (domain\username), password, apply, ok.

File>Exit CityEngine

Relaunch it.

The sign in dialog box now works.