Where are pictures stored on iPads?

Jump to solution
12-09-2016 07:02 AM
CarlHolt1
Occasional Contributor III

Needing to recover pictures taken with iPad, using the IMAGE XLSForm Type field in Survey123. Where on the iPad are these pictures stored and how can I recover them?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Carl. Survey123 stores captured data in a sqllite database in your own device, plus a folder for the images (photos and signatures). If running on iPad:

1- Connect your iPad to your laptop using a USB cable

2- Launch iTunes and wait iTunes to show the phone icon shown in the next screenshot. Click on the icon.

3- Select the Apps section from the left panel and tap on Survey123

4- Look for the Save as... button on the bottom-right corner of the dialog to save the Survey123 sqllite and attachments folder into your Desktop.

For additional steps to sync this data with your own feature service from your desktop, you can continue steps as described in the Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS help topic.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Carl. Survey123 stores captured data in a sqllite database in your own device, plus a folder for the images (photos and signatures). If running on iPad:

1- Connect your iPad to your laptop using a USB cable

2- Launch iTunes and wait iTunes to show the phone icon shown in the next screenshot. Click on the icon.

3- Select the Apps section from the left panel and tap on Survey123

4- Look for the Save as... button on the bottom-right corner of the dialog to save the Survey123 sqllite and attachments folder into your Desktop.

For additional steps to sync this data with your own feature service from your desktop, you can continue steps as described in the Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS help topic.

CarlHolt1

Do I need to have a Mac to connect it to or can I use a PC?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

You can download iTunes on Windows from: iTunes - Download iTunes Now - Apple 

0 Kudos
CarlHolt1

Your steps worked and I was able to recover the photos. Thanks as always 

0 Kudos