Does Survey123 allow reporters to create polygons?

Jump to solution
12-09-2016 03:27 PM
RobinPatton1
New Contributor II

I have seen Ismael Chivite's grid for Collector, GeoForm and Survey123.  I am currently using GeoForm but need my users (public) to capture an area.  Someone responded on GeoNet that polygons were possible with Survey123 but when I tested the app it only seemed to be applicable to points.  Can someone please clarify?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Robin,

thanks for your question. As Derek Law‌ points out, Survey123 is limited at the moment to capturing points, although adding support for lines and polygons is planned to be implemented in 2017.  I would suggest you vote for Improvement idea for survey123: create lines and polygons  

Also, in case you had problems  trying to add your questions to the Survey123 for ArcGIS Group make sure you follow the Survey123 Group. The Survey123 Group is members-only, meaning that you have to join the group (follow it), if you want your questions to be shown in it. The screenshot below shows the button in the banner that will help you join the Survey123 Group.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Robin,

It looks like the polygons (geoshape) feature has not been implemented into Survey123 yet:

Enhancement Request for Support of the Geoshape Field · Issue #160 · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHu... 

Also, you will get more Survey123 visibility if this thread were placed in the https://community.esri.com/groups/survey123?sr=search&searchId=26bba1fc-e773-46aa-a663-2d0ec7cfbdd4&...‌ group.

RobinPatton1
New Contributor II

Thanks

And GeoNet wouldn't accept the 123 group ??

I was trying to get directly to Ismael since I have received conflicting answers to my question...

Thanks again

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robin,

I can confirm that Survey123 for ArcGIS only supports point features at this time.

Hope this helps,

IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Robin,

thanks for your question. As Derek Law‌ points out, Survey123 is limited at the moment to capturing points, although adding support for lines and polygons is planned to be implemented in 2017.  I would suggest you vote for Improvement idea for survey123: create lines and polygons  

Also, in case you had problems  trying to add your questions to the Survey123 for ArcGIS Group make sure you follow the Survey123 Group. The Survey123 Group is members-only, meaning that you have to join the group (follow it), if you want your questions to be shown in it. The screenshot below shows the button in the banner that will help you join the Survey123 Group.

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Thanks for suggesting, Ismael. I voted!

0 Kudos
RobinPatton1
New Contributor II

Thanks much! I had voted and now am following the group.

0 Kudos