Access Survey 123 file through Organisational Account

12-10-2016 03:46 AM
BenediktSteiner
New Contributor

Hi All,

I do know how to share the survey within an organisation or a group I have set up. However, how can other people see and contribute to this survey?

What are the steps involved for contributors within an organisation or group to find and use the survey file in ArcGIS online?

I think there may well be a very simple solution to this, I can't figure it out at this stage though.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi,

users can discover surveys that have been shared with them through the Download Surveys dialog in the Survey123 field app.  The Survey123 field app will not notify users when a new survey has been shared with their account, users need to explicitly go into the Download Surveys dialog and discover new surveys.

Typically, if you want to make sure people are aware of a new survey, the best  approach is to e-mail them announcing the existence of a  new survey. In the email you can also include instructions to download the survey and even a link to automatically have the survey be downloaded into the users device.

In case it helps, I also wanted to point to three brief video-tutorials covering sharing in Survey123:

1. Survey123 for ArcGIS: Viewing and Accepting Invitations to Join Groups
  2. Survey123 for ArcGIS: Sharing Your Survey with Members in Your Organization
  3. Survey123 for ArcGIS: Sharing Your Survey with a Member of a Different Organization

Thanks,

Ismael

BenediktSteiner
New Contributor

Thank you Ismael, that is a great help and it worked.

So, in summary, making Survey123 files available to others simply involves sharing the file with a group or the organisation through the Collaborate tab. As soon as this is done, other group members can see, download and use it.

0 Kudos