reverse COGO direction for fabric parcel

12-13-2016 09:59 AM
SebastianRoberts
Occasional Contributor III

I have an existing parcel for which I would like to re-COGO about 8 courses from a new survey for an adjacent parcel.  The adjacent parcel was COGOed in the opposite direction.  Is there an easy way to reverse the COGO direction of all the lines in the parcel details window? I know you can reverse the bearing on one line, but this is not what I want.  I need to COGO in the other direction, including some tangent curves for which it seems it would be very difficult to calculate the bearing if I need to COGO in the opposite direction.  In the screen shot attached, I need to re-COGO lines 4 through 11, but I would like to be able to COGO from east to west (11 towards 4).  Lines 9->8 and 8->7 are tangent curves.  9-8 is tangent to the bearing of 10->9, so it seems I can only do this if I first reverse the direction the entire parecel is COGOd in the grid.

Thanks in advance!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
anna_garrett
Occasional Contributor III

I tried to select multiple lines and use the reverse bearing command, but that does not seem to work. What I've done in the past to calculate bearings and radii in a pinch is to export the parcel, convert to line, and use the "split features into COGO lines" tool on the COGO toolbar. It will generate the bearing for you provided there is a field in the line feature class for it to populate.

0 Kudos