Trouble authorizing ArcGis Desktop licence

Jump to solution
12-14-2016 10:56 AM
BrianMarron
New Contributor

I'm trying to install ArcGis 10.3.1 but I can't see the option [not] to authorize the licence. The email from ArcGis said to do the following:

When prompted, accept the default, I do not wish to authorize any extensions at this time. The extensions will be authorized automatically.

But when I open the authorization wizard I don't see the "I do not wish to authorize any extensions" option. See screen shot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you authorizing ArcGIS Desktop trial license (Single Use)? How To: Authorize ArcGIS Desktop 10 Single Use online 

Else, you might like to follow the instructions in Authorizing your software—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

We appreciate your question; however, https://community.esri.com/community/help-and-feedback?sr=search&searchId=dc80cc21-1429-442d-b377-39...‌ is for questions specifically with the community. I am going to move your question to https://community.esri.com/groups/arcgis-for-desktop-installation-support?sr=search&searchId=f08b843...‌ where you'll get a better response. Thanks!

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I do not wish to authorize any extensions at this time.

I think you may have already gone past it (or might be the next screen ??).  Are you trying to authorize extensions or the core software?  Did you request your authorizations from myesri?  If so, you can chose the third option and point to the file that you downloaded or were emailed.  If you already have core installed, and are trying it authorize extensions, use the middle option and you will get the page to enter authorization code for the extension.

But it sounds like this is your first install, so you will want to select option 1 or 3 ....or you can cancel out of this part, get your authorization email/file and then start the authorization process again.

Here is a help document that might help

Authorizing your software—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you authorizing ArcGIS Desktop trial license (Single Use)? How To: Authorize ArcGIS Desktop 10 Single Use online 

Else, you might like to follow the instructions in Authorizing your software—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Think Location