LAS Point Cloud in AGOL

12-19-2016 07:42 PM
PierceConlon2
New Contributor II

I saw that in the recent update of AGOL that you can now add Point Clouds in Scene viewer but I am running into issues. I was able to publish the LAS as a web scene but when I add it to a new Scene in AGOL nothing draws. It does not give me any errors in ArcGIS Pro and AGOL so I am a bit stuck. Any help would be great!

ESRI Help: Scene layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

You will be able to publish point cloud scene layers through ArcGIS Pro 1.4(coming soon!) by taking your LAS data and packaging it in a scene layer package. You will then need to upload the scene layer package to AGOL and publish a scene layer. You will be able to upload this package to Portal 10.5 and create a scene layer but only the AGOL scene viewer will support this new scene layer type at this release.

PierceConlon2
New Contributor II

Russell,

Thanks for the answer, we gave it a try but are still having issues. We signed up for the Alpha program for ArcGIS Pro 1.4 and put our LAS into a Scene Package Layer put when we add it to a new scene we get an error, some progress. Thanks for the suggestion

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

There has been a lot of work on the scene layer package work for point clouds so you might be seeing an issue with the alpha build slpk outputs. Do you have a Pro build # I can bring to the team and I can check that state of that tool. Also if  you can share the data with me I can check it out.

Thanks

Russ

0 Kudos
JonKwong
New Contributor III

Russel,

Any idea when the point cloud scene layer will be available in Portal 10.5?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Support for point clouds will come in Portal 10.5.1

0 Kudos