I Need to Assign Step to Group and one of the users inside this group assign job to himself

12-28-2016 02:44 AM
MohamedMassoud1
New Contributor III

I Need to Assign Step to Group and one of the users inside this group assign job to himself 

1- what permissions should be added to this group (i tried the following )

1. assign any step ( not working)
  2. assign any job ( not logic to add this permission to this group )
  3. assign any path ( not logic to add this permission to this group ) also not user-friendly.
  4. Individual job assign ( not working fine)

can any one help to this problem ASAP  I am in a live project.

Regards,

Mohamed Massoud 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
NishiMishra
New Contributor III

Mohamed,

Step assignment was deprecated at 10.4 and path assignment is recommended for what you are trying to do. Set the assignment on the path to assign the job to a group and then a member of the group can assign a job to themselves. Make sure the user who will assign the job to themselves have one or more of the following privileges as appropriate:

• GroupJobAssign -  User can assign any job that is assigned to their group(s) to anybody in their group(s).
  • IndividualJobAssign - User can assign any job to themselves that is assigned to their group, and also back to their group from themselves.
  • AssignAnyJob - User can assign any job to any individual or group at any time

Thanks,

Nishi

0 Kudos
geopamplona
New Contributor III

Hi,

I have similar problems

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-workflow-manager/cant-execute-step-assigned-to-my-group/td-p/10...

then I understand that the correct function for a workflow would be: first to assign the group in path of Workflow; second, then user who wants to execute it (who belongs to that group) must assign it first and then execute?

0 Kudos
MohamedMassoud1
New Contributor III

i tried group job assign : user can assign the job to their group but can't take it back to him self

the other one also like the first one 

0 Kudos
NishiMishra
New Contributor III

Mohamed,

Please contact the Tech Support about your issue, so that we can resolve it for you.

Thanks,

Nishi

MohamedMassoud1
New Contributor III

I found the issue why it is not working. this is known issue in workflow manager that it is case sensitive for logged in user.

if the in the database with name Test001 and the user logged in on his machine with test001 it will not work.

0 Kudos