Save button in Shortlist not working suddenly

Jump to solution
01-01-2017 11:06 PM
BrittanyChen
New Contributor II

I have been working on a Storymap Shortlist for the past week; today I suddenly am unable to save any changes or edits to my Storymap (it is currently still a private storymap and has not yet been shared).  Up until this point, I have been able to save new photos, edits to descriptions, etc. without any issue.  Now when I make changes, the "save" button is greyed out, and when I hover the mouse over it, there's a red crossed out circle that appears.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooney
Occasional Contributor III

Very strange, the red error box around the title area should only occur if there is no title present.  I will see if I can find a way to reproduce and diagnose.  In the meantime, after you hit the disabled save button, and the title is outlined in red, can you add a character (could be simply a space, period, comma, etc.) to the end of the title, then erasing the character and see if that kicks the save button out of the disabled mode?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
MarkCooney

Hi Brittany,

Sorry that you are experiencing issues with saving your Shortlist app.  This is not something that we have seen before, and I was not able to reproduce with a quick look and test.  Do you still experience this issue when loading your Shortlist in builder mode?  Do you see this issue in different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer)?  Are you on a Mac or PC?  Any additional information in helping us reproduce the issue will be helpful in diagnosing the issue.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
BrittanyChen
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,

I appreciate your response!  I am still dealing with this issue, unfortunately.  I have tried both Google Chrome and Firefox.  And, I am using a PC.  I also just tried it on a Mac, and it also isn't allowing me to save either.  
The top left of the screen says that I am currently in "ShortlistBuilderBeta."  The save button continues to be greyed out, with the crossed out circle appearing when I hover on it.  Also, when I click on the save button, it highlights the title of my StoryMap in red.
Hope this helps diagnose the problem.
Best,
Brittany 
0 Kudos
MarkCooney

What is the title you are using for your Shortlist app?  Could you possibly attach a screen shot of what that looks like on your end?

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
BrittanyChen
New Contributor II

Here you go. Thanks, Mark!

Screenshot of storymap that is unable to save

0 Kudos
MarkCooney

Very strange, the red error box around the title area should only occur if there is no title present.  I will see if I can find a way to reproduce and diagnose.  In the meantime, after you hit the disabled save button, and the title is outlined in red, can you add a character (could be simply a space, period, comma, etc.) to the end of the title, then erasing the character and see if that kicks the save button out of the disabled mode?

0 Kudos
BrittanyChen
New Contributor II

Hi Mark,  Interesting workaround...  So, it's not consistent but it worked to a degree.  Here's what happened:

1) Hit the disabled save button, turning the title red.  When I added a "." to the end of the title, it allowed me to save that one change!  The "Save" button remains enabled at that point.

2) I then added a test photo, and it allowed me to save.  I deleted the same test photo, and it allowed me to save.

3) I tried to erase the "." at the end of the title, but the save button no longer works.

But now I have a bigger problem - two of my three tabs have lost ALL the photos and descriptions.  HELP.  I hope there's a way to find it, because this has been days of work...

Thanks in advance.

MarkCooney

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you Brittany.  Is there any way you could share the url to your Shortlist app with me so I can have a look?  

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
AlanRex1
Esri Contributor

Hi Brittany,

I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're encountering!  Regarding the problem of your tabs losing all of their points, I think it would be best if you could create a Tech Support case on this issue.  If you don't have maintenance with us at the moment, please feel free to PM your contact info and I'll see if I can get a case set up for you.  

Regards,

Alan

0 Kudos
BrittanyChen
New Contributor II

Hi Alan, I have a public account so I don't have a maintenance plan with you all.  How do I PM you?  I just tried but it said we had to be friends/ connected first.  Is there another way to do this?  Just don't want to blast my contact information out for all to see.  

0 Kudos