Public Notification app - Address Searching

01-03-2017 12:41 PM
AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Hopefully about to put the finishing touches on our implementation of this app.  2 related things have me stumped however.  In our Parcels feature class, there is no 'Site Address' field.  Instead we have 3 fields that can be used together to generate the site address - street number, street direction and street name.  

In the config.js file, for 'ParcelLayerSettings', I am trying to find the right syntax in the 'InfoWindowTitleFields' that will concatenate these 3 fields to display the site address.  No luck - It can handle 1 field, but I cannot find the right way to code this for all 3 fields to show up as one.  I have tried every possibility I can think of, and am beginning to fear that that parameter can only handle 1 field.  

Similarly, when I do an address search, the correct address is found (the SearchExpression references all 3 fields with '+' as the concatenation operator), but the result in the search results is listed as 'undefined'.  If you click on the 'undefined' it does indeed select and zoom to the correct parcel.  The 'SearchDisplayFields' is set to all 3 fields (street number, direction and name) but this doesn't appear in the search box.  Even when I include only 1 field in the SearchDisplayFields (streetname, for example) the result is still 'undefined'.

Here are the options I have tried for the InfoWindowTitleFields:

1 - Works w/ single field, field name in double quotes:  InfoWindowTitleFields: "STREETNAME",

These do not work:

InfoWindowTitleFields: "STREETNUM,STREETDIR,STREETNAME",  (this returns only the first field listed - those below return the default error value 'N/A')

InfoWindowTitleFields: "STREETNUM", "STREETDIR", "STREETNAME",

InfoWindowTitleFields: "STREETNUM + STREETDIR + STREETNAME",

InfoWindowTitleFields: "STREETNUM + STREETDIR + STREETNAME",

InfoWindowTitleFields: "STREETNO + ' ' + STREETDIR + ' ' + STREETNAME",

Thanks - 

Allen

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Allen,

I'm going to take a look and see if there is a workaround for the issue that you're reporting.

One workaround would be to concatenate the fields to construct the full site address on parcel publication, and parcel update.  Can this be added to the routine that you currently have to append the parcel characteristics to their appropriate geometries?

Thanks for reporting

Chris 

AllenScully
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Chris - 

That's definitely an option I've considered - It would make things easier for this app and other things.  However the thing that trips me up is that for the search results, even if i use a single field in the 'SearchDisplayFields' (like just street name, for example) it still reads 'undefined' in the results.  

This is likely some error in my customization of the code, but I can't see where my mistake is - nothing obvious at least.

0 Kudos
ChrisBuscaglia
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

In January 2018, the Public Notification application has been replaced by a new Web AppBuilder configuration.

Public Notification | ArcGIS for Local Government 

The version referenced in this post has been moved into mature support.

Thanks,

Chris Buscaglia

Local Government Solutions Team

0 Kudos