Has anyone created an MSI package for ArcGIS 10.3.1?

Jump to solution
01-03-2017 02:10 PM
SystemsSupport
New Contributor

I'd like to create an MSI, silent installation for ArcGIS 10.3.1 but I've not been successful.  Here's what I tried so far:

<staging location>ArcGIS_Desktop_1031_145699.exe ESRI_LICENSE_HOST=GIS SOFTWARE_CLASS=Viewer SEAT_PREFERENCE=Fixed DESKTOP_CONFIG=TRUE ENABLEEUEI=0 INSTALLDIR1=D:\python27 /qb

When I run this from an admin command prompt, I still get windows that ask for the installation path and launch ArcGIS setup.exe. 

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

The exe you are running is the self extractor that uncompresses the setup files (including setup.exe, setup.msi, etc).  You'll need to double click that exe you refer to and save the uncompressed contents to a folder. From those uncompressed resources, you can use your silent commands to run the setup.exe directly. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
LaureneKoman
Occasional Contributor III

The exe you are running is the self extractor that uncompresses the setup files (including setup.exe, setup.msi, etc).  You'll need to double click that exe you refer to and save the uncompressed contents to a folder. From those uncompressed resources, you can use your silent commands to run the setup.exe directly. 

SystemsSupport
New Contributor

Thanks, everyone, I got it to work!

0 Kudos