Fields configurable in Assignments List?

Jump to solution
01-03-2017 11:37 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

In both the Workforce project dispatch view and worker view (in the app), the Assignments List shows:

• Assignment type
  • Assignment location
  • Priority | Due Date

Are these fields configurable?  It would be nice if they were.  I would like to show the work order ID in the Assignments List somehow.  Either on another line or before/after the assignment type.

I also notice that there are only certain fields visible to the worker in the app.  For instance, the worker can't see the assigned date/time.  Is it possible to show additional fields in the app?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

Glad to hear you'll find the ability to search for Work Order ID handy; the team discussed including the Work Order ID in the To Do list of Assignments and went back and forth on it. In the end, we decided to not include it in the List; but to include it in the Assignment details.  The reason being, the Work Order ID value can be quite long (we allow up to 255 characters to handle this) and including it would cause issues in the layout of the rest of the information in the list.

We haven't gotten many requests to allow the Project Owner to configure the look and feel (i.e. which fields are available and where) in the mobile app; but I'll keep your comments in our backlog to see if it comes up from other users.

Craig

View solution in original post

5 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Matt, thanks for your question on Workforce.

At this time the field values and display name are not configurable.  We also don't provide the ability to allow the fields displayed in the mobile app to be configurable; i.e. your use of allowing the assigned date/time to be displayed.  Can you go into more detail on the use case to allow the Worker to configure what fields they can see? How would this be controlled, is it per project or at the app level?

We do allow the worker to:

- Search for the Work Order ID

- Sort their assignment list by Newest/Assigned Date

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply, Craig.  

The ability to search for the the Work Order ID is handy.  I think the ability to see the Work Order ID would be convenient.

I wasn't really thinking of allowing the Worker (or the Dispatcher) to configure what fields were visible in the app, I was thinking of something more like the project owner configuring it at the project level.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Matt,

Glad to hear you'll find the ability to search for Work Order ID handy; the team discussed including the Work Order ID in the To Do list of Assignments and went back and forth on it. In the end, we decided to not include it in the List; but to include it in the Assignment details.  The reason being, the Work Order ID value can be quite long (we allow up to 255 characters to handle this) and including it would cause issues in the layout of the rest of the information in the list.

We haven't gotten many requests to allow the Project Owner to configure the look and feel (i.e. which fields are available and where) in the mobile app; but I'll keep your comments in our backlog to see if it comes up from other users.

Craig

ChrisJones06
New Contributor

Craig,

You can add me to that list. It would be nice to configure what data the workers see in their "To Do List". If we could see the workorderid in that list, we could verify that we are at the correct location with out opening the assignment.

0 Kudos
GlenColgate1
Occasional Contributor

Craig/Matt - 

We would also like to see more control over the assignment details. Searching for Work Order ID is extremely useful, most of our staff would find it equally beneficial if they could visually scan the list for a specific assignment.

There are a number of attributes we currently have to concatenate into the location field in order to have them searchable in the worker app. If we could add another searchable field for a project ID, project title, or construction drawing ID our users would find it easier to correlate their assignment with the larger construction effort. Or at least allowing the search to run over the existing description field could allow use to use that for our expanded search needs and stop our current misuse (abuse?) of the location field.

Thanks,

Glen