Enhance Map Printing Quality(by dpi or other means)

Jump to solution
01-05-2017 01:57 AM
normanC
New Contributor

(Version 10.2.4)

I have created a JAVA app which read the data from a ArcGISLocalDynamicMapServiceLayer created by a mpk file. The resolution of viewing the map is fine. However when I try this example Map printing | ArcGIS for Developers  and print the map, the quality is not good and the dpi seems very low when zoom in.

I would like to enhance the quality and try serveral methods:

1. Increase map dpi--  ArcGISRuntime.setDPI(1200);

2. Setting the printResolution in the print request attribute set -- 

Sample code:

PrintRequestAttributeSet printAttribute = new HashPrintRequestAttributeSet();
printAttribute.add(new PrinterResolution(1200, 1200, PrinterResolution.DPI));

printJob.print(printAttribute).

But none of them perform well compared with the map printed by the ArcReader.

May I know any way I can enhance the printing quality?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Norman,

two years ago, I struggled with the same issue without any success. It seems that setting dpi for Runitme, does not change anything. Neither you can set DPI for Local Dynamic Services. The result was that I gave up with this functionality.

I reckon, we can only hope for improvements in the upcoming updates for 100 version.

Regards,

Adam

View solution in original post

4 Replies
nita14
by

Hi Norman,

two years ago, I struggled with the same issue without any success. It seems that setting dpi for Runitme, does not change anything. Neither you can set DPI for Local Dynamic Services. The result was that I gave up with this functionality.

I reckon, we can only hope for improvements in the upcoming updates for 100 version.

Regards,

Adam

EricBader

Hi Norman. Adam is correct. The functionality here is simply for exporting the map image and using it as-is.

normanC
New Contributor

Dear Eric,

Thank you for the confirmation. I am studying the latest sdk 100.0.0 and may I ask is the vector tiled layer(vtpk) could provide a better quality of print image?

0 Kudos
normanC
New Contributor

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your reply! It is a sad news but at least I can move on.

Right now I'm studying the issue in two directions.

One is using the REST API of ArcGIS for server  "export web map". the dpi can be tuned but the processing time is not desirable.

Another way is using the ArcGISReader Control library to output the image via arcreader, though publisher license is necessary and documentation on this method is not well organized.

Regards,

Norman 

0 Kudos