Using filters in Crowdsource Manager

01-05-2017 10:43 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I don't understand how a user would use filters in this app. The text below is from the panel in the configuration section. If the map had a layer set with a filter to ask for values but then the app was configured to ignore that filter, how would the user be able to set their own filter in the app?

Attribute filters that that use the option to 'Ask For Values' and the time slider will be exposed in Crowdsource Manager when they have been configured on layers in the map.

By default, the application will honor the initial values of these filters. If you use several of these filters, that may mean that no features are visible when your application loads. Optionally, uncheck the following parameter to choose to ignore the default filter and time slider values when the app loads. Users of the application will be able to choose the filter values they would like to apply. and let your users apply the filters as necessary. Crowdsource Manager apps will always honor static filters on your map layers.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AllisonMuise1

monzay

When you set a filter in a web map using the 'Ask for Values' option, you are forced to declare what the initial filter value will be. In many cases, it is more helpful to have the application load showing all records and then have the user apply the filters as needed than to have the app load pre-filtered.

For example, in my organization my data managers might need to filter the data to look at records with a specific values in the following fields:

• STATUS (which contains the values 'open', 'in progress', and 'closed'),
  • ASSIGNEDTO (which contains the values 'Mark', 'Joe', 'Sarah', 'Amy')
  • TYPE field (which contains the values 'streets', 'parks', 'utilities')

When I set up my map, I have to set filters on these fields that point to specific values ( STATUS='open', ASSIGNEDTO='Mark', TYPE='streets') and all three filters will be applied concurrently to the layer. In Manager I want to have access to filters on all these fields, but it's rare that I'll want all three applied concurrently and I don't want the app to open with such a restricted view of the data.

This is where that app configuration setting comes in.

By telling the app to ignore those initial filter values, the application will open with all the data visible and I can then gset the filters (by clicking the field header) that are specific to my tasks - perhaps seeing all reports that are open or in progress, or looking to see what work someone was assigned so that it can be reassigned, etc. Without that setting, the application is always going to load showing me only the reports that meet the criteria of that initial filter setting - open street reports that are assigned to Mark - even if there aren't any - and I'll need to go clear/update the filter values to see other views of the data.

This setting DOES NOT affect any static filters you apply - ones without the 'Ask for Values' option checked.

-Allison

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

Thanks for the further explanation. I still don't see any option to set a filter when I click on the header. 

In the map I set a filter

In the Manager I see all of the tickets that are Open. In the configuration it doesn't matter if I check or uncheck "Apply default filters automatically". All I see when I click the header is the option to sort ascending or descending.

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

monzay‌ You will need to check the 'Ask for Values' box for the filter to be editable in the application or affected by the 'default values' setting in the application.

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

I am unable to check that box. I'm going to open a case. It might require a screen share

Dawn_Scott
New Contributor III

I can't get this to work at all.  When I configure a filter, and I put in a value for the filter, then try to click on 'Ask for Values', I cannot save the filter.

When I do not click 'Ask for Values' and can save the filter, my crowdsource manager shows only those points meeting the filter criteria - regardless of the app configuration.  

Is there any more documentation on this?  

AllisonMuise1

Hi Dawn,

Did you provide a Hint and a Prompt for the 'Ask for values' filter? Although not marked, they are required and once filled out the 'Apply' button should enable.

-Allison

Dawn_Scott
New Contributor III

Ok, thanks Allison, I'll do that.Dawn 

To: Dawn Robbins <dawnrobbins@sbcglobal.net>

Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 3:37 PM

Subject: Re: - Re: Using filters in Crowdsource Manager

#yiv7916486818 * #yiv7916486818 a #yiv7916486818 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv7916486818 #yiv7916486818 h1, #yiv7916486818 h2, #yiv7916486818 h3, #yiv7916486818 h4, #yiv7916486818 h5, #yiv7916486818 h6, #yiv7916486818 p, #yiv7916486818 hr {}#yiv7916486818 .yiv7916486818button td {}

|

GeoNet

|

Re: Using filters in Crowdsource Manager

reply from Allison Muise in Crowdsourcing - View the full discussionHi Down, Did you provide a Hint and a Prompt for the 'Ask for values' filter? Although not marked, they are required and once filled out the 'Apply' button should enable. -Allison

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on GeoNet

Start a new discussion in Crowdsourcing by email or at GeoNet

Following Re: Using filters in Crowdsource Manager in these streams: Inbox

This email was sent by GeoNet because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from GeoNet, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences |

|

0 Kudos
msa4012
New Contributor III

Hi,

I am filling in all the required information, and still not able to click on Apply Filter?

msa4012_0-1613676380831.png