Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate not seeing SDK

Jump to solution
01-05-2017 04:00 PM
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I feel like such a noob again. Anyways, several years ago, I got my feet wet with .NET add-ins for Arcmap using Visual Studio 2008 Express. Fast forward to today when I need to troubleshoot why my add-in isn't working. My current PC is Windows 7 64-bit with ArcGIS 10.4.1 and Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate. The ArcObjects SDK for .NET appears to be installed on my machine (I have tried a repair on the install).

I tried opening up my old 2008 project and it said it needed to migrate it. Fine. It completes without throwing an error. When I attempt to build/rebuild the project, I get 100s of errors that the ESRI objects are not defined. When I look at My Project, I see that all the ESRI references are broken:

If I try to create a new project, ESRI Add-ins are not listed on the lefthand side:

So- I'm guessing there's something wrong with my install? Something installed out of sequence or...? I can't seem to find anything in the online help about SETTING UP the SDK; only creating an add-in once the SDK is installed.

Thanks!

Steve

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS 10.4.1 may not support VS 2010. According to the system requirements, it works with VS 2013 and 2015

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

ArcGIS 10.4.1 may not support VS 2010. According to the system requirements, it works with VS 2013 and 2015

SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

Ugh. What a mess. I first updated to VS 2015 Express and promptly ran into the ITableSort bug so then I installed VS 2013 Express and was finally able to get my exsting add-in project rebuilt. None of the 3 VS installs are giving me an option for an ESRI add-in when creating a new project but I'll fix that later. Right now I just needed to correct some issues in an existing one so thank you.

0 Kudos
TrevorBurgan
New Contributor II

SAD TROMBONE.

0 Kudos