Geoanalytics Server - live temporal data

01-09-2017 07:36 PM
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

Exploring the capabilities of Geoanalytics Server.

I have a layer in the ArcGIS Spatiotemporal Data Store.  This is live data and is being fed continuously via GeoEvent.

Using the Geoanalytics tools in the Portal Map Viewer, I was hoping to do some temporal analysis using this live data source.  However, for the hot spot analysis tool, within the settings for the tool, the 'Aggregate using time slices' option is disabled and the info mentions: 

If time is enabled on the point layer, and it's of type instant, you can analyze using time intervals.

As the below screenshot indicates, the time slider indicates that time has been enabled for this layer.  I am wondering on if this tool works with live data, and for some more info on what is meant by 'instant data'. 

Tool disabled

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Simon,

I just tried this workflow using GeoEvent ingested data. I was able to successfully run hot spot analysis using time steps. 

Can you please try the following?

1. Create a new map in the Portal Map Viewer (no layers added).

2. Select the Analysis button (beside Basemap)

3. Browse to your GeoAnalytics tool: Find Hot Spots.

4. For the first parameter (the input data) use the browse option to look for your data. Does your input data say time enabled (please see the attached screen shot)?

TimeEnabled Layer

If it does say time-enabled and you do not the see the time parameters enabled, can you please see if this also happens using the GeoAnalytics tool Aggregate Points? If it does, please verify if you see the same behaviour in ArcGIS Pro, and contact technical support.

If it does not say time-enabled, can you provide the time info for the layer you are trying to analyze? It should look something like this:

"timeInfo": {   "startTimeField": "date_field",   "endTimeField": null,   "timeExtent": [    1484767706250,    1484770049950   ],   "trackIdField": "id",   "timeInterval": 10,   "timeIntervalUnits": "esriTimeUnitsSeconds",   "hasLiveData": true,   "timeReference": {    "timeZone": "UTC",    "respectsDaylightSaving": false   },   "exportOptions": {    "useTime": true,    "timeDataCumulative": false,    "timeOffset": 0,    "timeOffsetUnits": "esriTimeUnitsUnknown"   }  }

If the time field does not look similar to this, please verify that your time is set up correctly and/or contact technical support.

When contacting technical support, please include inform them of this GeoNet thread in case we need to update it in the future.

Thanks,

Sarah

GeoAnalytics Product Engineer 

SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks for response.

Followed steps 1-4 and can confirm that the same layer has time enabled.

But time settings still disabled:

Same if I try the GeoAnalytics --> Aggregate Points tool

Bit confused as the time slider on the map behaves as expected with the layer.

Was your test using data that was stored in the ArcGIS Spatiotemporal Data Store?

0 Kudos