Exporting Raster Heightmap Data - Can't find file

01-11-2017 01:43 PM
JaredSharp1
New Contributor

Hi all,

I'm exporting data (using Creating LiDAR-Based Heightmaps in Unity 3D (Using ArcGIS) - YouTube ) for guidance.

I've imported in LAS data as a LAS dataset, then am using some of the filtered ground points and the tools "LAS Dataset to Raster" (found through the search feature in the right pane) to rasterize filtered ground points and create a raster heightmap.

When I right click the newly created raster heightmap under Layers and go "Data -> Export Data" and check off using the rendered, there's no option for me to change the format from a "File Geodatabase" to something like PNG. I also can't find the file that is created.

How can I get a raster heightmap to export into something like a TIFF or PNG?

Many thanks!

Jared

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
JaredSharp1
New Contributor

When I run the RasterToOtherFormat_conversion function, I get the error "'RasterToOtherFormat_conversion' is not defined". Is ArcMap 10.2 too old for this to work? What about older versions of ArcMap?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

ooooo ... at the bottom 4/5ths of the current help document page Documentation | ArcGIS Desktop 

you will see links to the legacy help files ...  such as  ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2) 

0 Kudos