Create heatmap for different kind of feature in ArcMap 10.1 using csv file

Jump to solution
01-12-2017 03:10 AM
SlobodanKomatina1
New Contributor II

How to use ArcMap to create a heatmap that shows the concentration of each kind of feature?

Need to use a different color for each kind of feature. If there are multiple features, I want to use some unique color.
I have a csv file which columns contain information about lat, long, street, feature 1, feature 2, feature 3.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't think it is possible.  The only way to show the point density for different feature types is to create separate density layers with the colours you require. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

The heat map rendering is based on feature count and/or weight, so you will need to play with your colour ramp to obtain the best result.  For your data you will have to calculate the total number of features at each location in an additional column and use that count value to generate the point/kernel density raster.

0 Kudos
SlobodanKomatina1
New Contributor II

I dont understand. How I could to have a unique color for has421a, hasj51, has421g, drie, has420c, scrie? I want for example that has421a to be shades of red, hasj51 to be shades of blue, has421g to be shades of green, drie to be shades of yellow, has420c to be shades of grey, scrie shades of violet. If you can do that and show me, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
FC_Basson
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't think it is possible.  The only way to show the point density for different feature types is to create separate density layers with the colours you require. 

0 Kudos
SlobodanKomatina1
New Contributor II

OK. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos