Field Enricher (File) with file from Write to a GeoJSON File Output Connector

01-12-2017 07:02 AM
Daniel_HjorthChristensen
New Contributor

How can I use a file created by the Write to a GeoJSON File output connector, as input file to a Field Enricher (File) ?

To elaborate: When the output connector creates the file, it appends a timestamp to the given filename prefix. 

So when using the Field Enricher (File) processor, I cannot just give prefix, as the Field Enricher (File) processor then cannot find a file by the given name (as it doesn't exist). 

Is there any way to work around this? 

Of course I could use a feature service, but I am specifically using files, so as to work around the known 1 minute caching time limit for the Field Enricher (Feature Service) processor.

Further, as I wasn't quite able to figure out from the documentation: what is the behavior when enriching (e.g. from a file) and multiple features match the given join field? (as would likely be the case with files, as we cannot update the entires there, but only append).

I will send further documentation and clarify on demand.

Thanks in advance. 

~Daniel

EDIT: I'm using GeoEvent Server 10.5 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Daniel_HjorthChristensen
New Contributor

Actually I see that I completely missed the note about Field Enricher (File) from the documentation (Processors—Real-time Data Feeds and Sensors (10.5) | ArcGIS Enterprise ). 

My bad. If I know how to, I would remove the question. I wonder if there is some way to make my thought up workaround work though. I will update if I find any solution to this.

0 Kudos