Iterate Feature Classes/Spatial Join

01-12-2017 12:43 PM
austinPhelps
New Contributor

I have a model, pretty basic, where I am trying to iterate through layers in a feature dataset, and then spatially join the points back to the buffers. The model runs through, and the output looks like its what I want, however, the column header for each new output is the name of the first buffer it iterates through...You'll notice that FID_Route_1035_Struc_Buffer is the same heading for both the 1035_Join and the 1036_Join. Why would it be doing this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JustinStanfield
New Contributor II

It looks like it could be coming from the feature created off the iterator named Route_1035_Struc_Buffer. May want to try using wildcard and inline variable. Not sure, but my best guess.

0 Kudos
austinPhelps
New Contributor

thanks Justin, but the iterate Feature class is set up like below....I don't know why it maintains that Route_1035_Struc_Buffer in the output

0 Kudos
JustinStanfield
New Contributor II

Is it being stored as Intermediate data? If so, it's probably overwriting Route_1035_Struc_Buffer instead of creating 1036_Struc_Buffer during iteration. Worth a shot I guess. 

0 Kudos
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This really should be changing the value on each iteration.  

austinphps if the iterator value is shaded before you hit the run button you risk having the iterator not update its output properly.  Be sure you validate the model (checkmark button in Model Builder Edit mode) before running it so the validation is 'clean' before you run the model. This is always a must, especially for models that include iterators or submodels.