How to append features with attachments

01-18-2017 10:01 AM
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Hello everyone,

How can I copy features ad attachments from one feature class to another feature class using Modelbuilder or Python arcpy.

I tried to use the append tool but it only copies features and does not append attachments.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jose,

At 10.5, this should work.  There is an Environment Setting Maintain Attachments that is checked by default.

curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Jake, this is great that this is supported, but please pass on to the developer team that the lack of a keyword is (to me) a serious breach of consistency. I have learned recently (from someone on the GP team, not the help) that "true", "false", True, False can be used with boolean tool parameters, and I'm assuming with boolean environment variables (are they?)  -- but other environments support keyword arguments like "KEEP", "NO_KEEP".   The big plus of this is when you are scripting you don't have to guess what True means for parameters where it's not obvious. I also left a note on the feedback to the help page.  Thanks for listening.

UPDATE: I took a quick look at the help and see that some boolean environment settings (qualifiedFieldNames) support keywords, some don't (terrainMemoryUsage). This should be cleaned up!

0 Kudos
JoseSanchez
Occasional Contributor III

Let me check it in 10.5, thanks.

0 Kudos