User created geocoder not working

01-20-2017 07:57 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a created a locator service for use with my ArcGIS Online published maps and although I have every indication my locator service has been published and tested as working I can't get it to be used within my published public maps:

Screenshot of Geocoder in my organization Utility services.

Locator working in Portal web viewer

Screenshot of Geocoder/locator enabled and shared with Server manager

Screenshot of locator working when testing within ArcGIS Online Map Viewer

Screenshot of live public map not using my Geocoder (sorry looks like I circled Basemap selector but meant to show Search Address is still using ESRI geocoder although I deleted from my Utility services

If anyone can suggest any other setting I can look at; I've checked map settings, organzation settings and server manager thus far.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Just a theory, but does a custom geocoder need to be registered with AGOL in order for it to work in an AGOL Map Viewer?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's registered as a service with AGOL and references the copied up to my server when it was created: https://arcgisserver.ptc.local:6443/arcgis/rest/services/Locator/PTC_locator/GeocodeServer/ 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Check the search configuration tool for your app. In the search configuration, you can turn on and off which geocoders to use in each application. Most likely, the Esri Geocoder was configured in the app before it was deleted from the utilities service, which is why it is appearing in your current application.

Here are some blogs regarding configuring the search tool that may be helpful:

ArcGIS Online Search Widget Enhancements July 2015 | ArcGIS Blog 

https://blogs.esri.com/esri/arcgis/2016/03/04/setting-up-a-searchable-feature-layer-in-configurable-... 

Feel free to share your app that is showing the issues. The url above points to a locally hosted service, so it will need to be accessible to the internet in order for people outside of your network to access it.

-Kelly

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Kelly, thank you. I'll look into that blog and address my locally hosted service. 

0 Kudos