Info Tables generated during Raster creation

01-21-2017 01:57 AM
Labels (1)
Jomar_PaulRomero
New Contributor

Every time I generate a raster file, there is an info table that comes out of nowhere. The info table generated from the generated rasters makes everything difficult for me as it causes error ("System.Runtime.IteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. at ESRI.ArcGIS.GeoprocessorClass.Execute(StringName, IVariantArray ipValues, ITrackCancel pTrackCancel) at ESRI.APWR.HEC GeoHMS10.GeneralProject.GenerateProjectLayersWk(ApLayers apLayers, String& exMessage)") whenever I am using HEC GeoHMS for watershed delineation.

Can please someone help me to resolve this issue?

Also attached a clip photo of the info tables with the generated rasters.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

a raster without a file extension is normally an esri grid... which has an associate info folder.  Are you making your output rasters in some other format like ... output.tif ...?or does it have to be an esri grid

0 Kudos
Jomar_PaulRomero
New Contributor

Hello Dan and thank you for asking.

Actually, when HEC GeoHMS generates those files, I think it is already in GeoTIFF format.  I dont know if I should put the file extension since in the instruction manual for HEC GeoHMS, it does not say to put file extensions to it.

When I designate the output file to be in a geodatabase, it does not  generate an info folder.

I will try to put file extensions to it and reply back if works.  Thanks for the idea!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

yes... to a file geodatabase... no need for a file extension.  Are all your outputs going to the gdb as well?

0 Kudos
Jomar_PaulRomero
New Contributor

Hello Dan,

HEC GeoHMS was able to generate the raster datasets without the info table if I put the .tif extension, however, when I try to generate an HMS project, the same error still happens.

0 Kudos