Using mail merge to create reports

02-01-2017 09:01 AM
Labels (1)
TiffanyTaylor1
New Contributor III

I am currently trying to use the mail merge function in Microsoft Word to create inspection reports from Survey123 data. I was wondering if anyone else had tried using this method or had any better methods to do this.

Some background if you are interested:

Survey123 could be an excellent solution for our Code Enforcement and Building and Permitting office Inspections, but the largest issue that we have run into is the inability to create professional looking reports that can be printed and mailed or emailed to citizens. Most of the Inspectors who would end up using this to create reports are not technologically inclined where the Esri suite is concerned. As the only GIS person for the city I work with all 8+ departments. My time is limited and cannot be focused on running scripts and creating inspection reports for 3 of them, so here I am trying to make a template that they can use from word using mail merge to populate the document.

I am aware that there is a print option directly from the Survey123 page, but the formatting leaves a lot to be desired as far as professionalism is concerned.

1 Reply
AmyGrossman
New Contributor III

Hi Tiffany, I'm in a similar situation and found this post looking for solutions.  Right now I am thinking I will export the data from Survey123 into an excel document and then mail merge with that. Haven't actually tried it yet though. Did you find a good method? 

0 Kudos