I am having issues with default map extents in ArcGIS online web app builder.

02-01-2017 02:23 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have uploaded data from desktop to a service online.  I have created a webmap and subsequently a web appplication using web app builder.  The web app builder is not moving to the default extent I have set up for the data?  I have set the same default extent for the feature service, web map and web app. When I set the initial extent to be the same as the web map this works but as soon as I launch the web app it moves to a more zoomed in scale? I then click on the home button and nothing happens.  This is really frustrating.  I can't see where I am going wrong - please help!

Thank you!

#ArcGISOnline #Webappbuilder #defaultextent

0 Kudos
8 Replies
CarmelConnolly3
Occasional Contributor II

It sounds like what you're doing should work - what browser are you using? Do you have the 'App state' option enabled in the Attribute tab? https://doc.arcgis.com/en/web-appbuilder/create-apps/attributes-tab.htm

Carmel

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Carmel,

Thanks for replying.  Yes I do have the App state enabled.  

There are so many little tick boxes I am sure there is one somewhere I have missed!

Thanks,

Gemma 

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly3
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Gemma,

I thought maybe if App state was enabled, it could have been that your browser was remembering an extent from a previous view. But if clearing your broswer cache has no effect then this may not be the case. When I open the app, it opens at this extent:

Is this correct?

Have you been able to compare the app on a colleagues machine?

JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gemma,

Try clearing your browser cache, restart your browser, and then see if the extent is correct.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jake,

Thanks for your reply.  I have tried clearing the cache and I'm still having the same issue.

I'm completely lost as to why it's not working. I made an update to one of the layers and its messed everything up. 

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Gemma,

Can you share your web map and your web app?

It also might help to place this thread in the https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/web-appbuilder?sr=search&searchId=9fdd9c73-9c56-42d...‌ space on GeoNet.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for replying.  Here are the links:

web map:  http://arcg.is/2kudq9L 

web app:  ArcGIS Web Application 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gemma,

> When I set the initial extent to be the same as the web map this works but as soon as I launch the web app it moves to a more zoomed in scale? I then click on the home button and nothing happens.

I just tested your web app: ArcGIS Web Application and it seems to be working for me. When the app initially loads, I see this extent:

Then I zoomed in and panned around the map to view the content at a finer scale:

Then I hit the Home button and return to the original spatial extent when the app loads:

Is this not the behavior that you want?

Hope this helps,