Not able to use the search bar in my workforce project. It will not respond. Has anyone experienced a similar issue and come across any explanations for why this happens?

02-02-2017 07:09 AM
ChrisBurnett2
New Contributor II

So, I just finished the process of making a simple workforce application. After adding both a Survey123 survey as well as a collector layer, I proceeded to complete the project and then open it. However, once opening the project I was not able to search for any addresses or locations in the search bar....it simply does not respond. I have the ArcGIS Navigator added to the project as well. The only dispatcher and worker I have added to the project though are both myself, I did this to test the quality of the application before diving in head first. Is it possible that this is causing the project to not be able to search for addresses or locations? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and know of any other reasons this could be happening? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

0 Kudos
16 Replies
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

A couple questions so we can try and track down what is happening:

- What happens when you search for the same address in the ArcGIS Online map viewer?

- Do you have a locator configured for your organization?

Craig

0 Kudos
ChrisBurnett2
New Contributor II

When searching for the same address in the arcGIS online map viewer the address is located just fine.

I am not too sure if we have an address locator for our organization though.

0 Kudos
ChrisBurnett2
New Contributor II

Would an address locator from my organization need to be added to navigator to solve this?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Chris,

No, adding a Locator to Navigator wouldn't have any affect on Workforce.

I've double checked and, even if you don't have a locator defined for your organization, we should still use the default Esri locator.

Can you invite me to this project as a Dispatcher so I can take a look?

thanks,

0 Kudos
ChrisBurnett2
New Contributor II

Sure, I just added you. Here's the link for the opened project Workforce .

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Chris, I can search for locations and POIs.  Can you provide some examples of what you're trying to search for?

thanks

0 Kudos
ChrisBurnett2
New Contributor II

2503 Waco St Richmond, VA 23294. So when I search for an address like this I am allowed to type it in the search bar but the address is not located in the map. I also just realized that our organization doesn't have a license for Navigator yet could that be the issue here?

0 Kudos
CraigGillgrass
Esri Regular Contributor

Chris, I'm not able to reproduce this; I get a result when I search for that address, I also see a pin on the map in Workforce.

I think to dig into this further, I'd need admin access to your organization.  If you're ok with proceeding, message me directly.  Otherwise, your best option is to contact Technical Support.

Craig

RodellZorilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris, were you able to solve the issue? The search bar does not respond when I search for an address in Workforce, but it does when I search in an ArcGIS Online Map.