Adding infographics to Reports, printing as PDF

02-02-2017 02:16 PM
MelissaMcNamara
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the infographics as a PDF? Also is it possible to add the infographics to a custom report? At the UC 2016 it made it seem that those updates were coming but if they are part of the newest release i can't seem to find them.

Thanks, 

#communityanalyst #businessanalyst

5 Replies
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for your question. Currently, we dont have a way built into Community Analyst to export the custom infographics as PDFs. It is certainly on our roadmap though. As a workaround, you can export them to HTML or Image and create a PDF from them.  

Regarding you second question about adding infographics to custom reports, are you expecting to be able to insert infographic panels from this drop down in custom reports? 

Thank You,

Praveen

Praveen Srivastava | Product Manager

Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373

T 909 793 2853 x2761 | psrivastava@esri.com | esri.com

0 Kudos
MelissaMcNamara
New Contributor II

Hi Praveen,

Thank you for your response. I am asking this questions in response to a class at the 2016 UC on business analyst online ( which I understand is the same as community analyst) In the demo they were showing a tool that was under the heading of “Build infographic reports”, and it looked like they were able to merge infographics into custom reports. They were also exporting these as PDF’s. So just wondering if these were concepts that are coming still or if they were changed in favor of what actually came out in the last update.

See snapshot from below from the presentation-

Thanks -

Melissa McNamara

Demographics and Performance Measures Manager

ReStore Support Group|Habitat for Humanity International

3900-B Park Road Charlotte, NC 28209

mmcnamara@habitat.org<mailto:mmcnamara@habitat.org>|704-654-1253

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava

Thanks for sharing the snapshot from the UC presentation. I remember that was presented in the roadmap section. We did add a workflow to build infographics but couldn't get the Create PDF option in the last release. We have actually been working on the Create PDF option and are planning to add it in a future release. 

Using the custom infographics workflow, you can add logos, infographic panels, text, data tables, charts, images, and maps to create a summary of your analysis results that can be shared with others. Is there a particular output you are trying to accomplish by merging custom reports and infographics? I will be happy to talk to you, understand your needs, and show you how you can effectively use the build infographics workflow.

Thank You,

Praveen

Praveen Srivastava | Product Manager

Esri | 380 New York Street | Redlands, CA 92373

T 909 793 2853 x2761 | psrivastava@esri.com | esri.com

0 Kudos
MelissaMcNamara
New Contributor II

As an example of an output I am trying to accomplish here is a picture from a road ahead session again from the previous conference :

Being able to mix text, infographics, maps and tables into a dynamic sheet would allow a much easier workflow for printed materials that I currently have to cut and paste into a word doc from excel, maps jpegs or clips and word doc text.

Are the new releases planning on including these capabilities?

Also on the subject of infographics I cannot for the life of me get the title to change on custom infographics- trying to highlight the text to change it seems near impossible and saving it with a title does not change the title on the actual info graphic. I have tried repeatedly and was able to get it once out of probably 75-100 tries to actually select the word “title” and change it something else.

Any tips on that?

Melissa McNamara

Demographics and Performance Measures Manager

ReStore Support Group|Habitat for Humanity International

3900-B Park Road Charlotte, NC 28209

mmcnamara@habitat.org<mailto:mmcnamara@habitat.org>|704-654-1253

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for sharing your desired result. With the upcoming release in a few weeks, you will see several improvements that will help you create even better custom infographics including options of using rich text formatting, site attributes, more pictures etc. which will certainly help you getting closer to the desired result you shared.

You can already insert a table that will show data for a single trade area however the ability to add a table that compares data for various trade areas (1 mile, 3 mile, 5 miles etc) within one infographic is something we have on this year's roadmap. 

I am sorry to hear that you had to struggle with getting the title changed for a custom infographic panel. That was a bug which you will see fixed with the upcoming release in a few weeks. 

Please let me know if you have any other feedback. We love to hear from power users like you and appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks,

Praveen

0 Kudos