I created a cascade story map a few weeks ago and I went back to make a small change this week and the editing option for my maps is not working.

Jump to solution
02-08-2017 09:24 AM
AngieEllenwood
New Contributor II

When I click on the edit icon in Cascades, either nothing happens or I have to click it several times or reload the page to get it to do anything. The perspective on my maps is also being changed without me doing anything to the map. Can you please help me correct this so I can finish editing?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Angie,

We had a software release at the beginning of March in which we fixed several issues with map configuration in Cascade. Several people have reported that the update fixed the issues they were having.

Could you please try your workflow again and let me know if you are still having a problem?

Owen

Owen Evans
Lead Product Engineer | StoryMaps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Angie -- Sorry you're having an issue with your story map. Could you please provide a link to your story and go to My Content and make sure it's public so we can help you troubleshoot?

Also, please let me know A) which edit icon are you referring to and B) if the maps in your story are maps that you've created or if they are owned by someone else.

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AngieEllenwood
New Contributor II

Hi Owen-

Thanks for the help. No worries, I know this happens in beta testing. This was working just fine a few weeks ago but hasn’t worked at least for the last 24 hours.

Here’s the link: http://arcg.is/2iRFFvf

1. The icon is the pencil in the bottom left corner. Even when that opens up (if it does) I'm unable to click on anything else including turning layers on or off. 
  2. I created the maps I’m having issues with. The data is hosted on my account in arconline.

I'm specifically having difficulty with the second set of map views. You’ll see that there are several segments here. The main issue is that I need to turn off my Inverness layer. I was finally able to edit and turn it off in a couple of the views but have been unsuccessful in other views. A couple if times when I was unsuccessful at editing, I pre-viewed the story map and noticed that the extent on one of my views had changed.  

I hope that helps; let me know if you need more information.

0 Kudos
AngieEllenwood
New Contributor II

Any updates? I'm still unable to turn the layers on and off. 

0 Kudos
OwenGeo
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Angie,

We had a software release at the beginning of March in which we fixed several issues with map configuration in Cascade. Several people have reported that the update fixed the issues they were having.

Could you please try your workflow again and let me know if you are still having a problem?

Owen

Owen Evans
0 Kudos
AngieEllenwood
New Contributor II

Works great! Thank you Owen!