Authorization problems with Desktop Advanced

02-08-2017 06:20 AM
SilkeLutzmann
New Contributor

Dear community,

I have some trouble authorizing my ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced software. I've installed and authorized 8 months ago with a Single Use license (provisioning file) and everything worked fine.

Now, when opening an ArcGIS product, the error message pops up "ArcGIS for Desktop Advanced is not authorized for use. Access the ArcGIS Administrator. [...]"

So I requested a new license - again a provisioning file - and proceeded with the authorization with the ArcGIS Administrator. I selected Advanced (ArcInfo) Single Use level and navigated to the new provisioning file. When starting the authorization I get the message that all functions are already authorized for use.

But the problem remains that there's an authorization error message when I open ArcGIS Map.

I appreciate any ideas what may cause the problem.

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Do you see any anomaly in Availability of ArcGIS Administrator? Screenshots, if possible.

Think Location
0 Kudos
SilkeLutzmann
New Contributor

Authorization status says "expired" for all tools.

Availability in ArcAdministrator 

0 Kudos
SilkeLutzmann
New Contributor

After authorizing with the new license via "I have received an authorization file from ESRI ...", I get this warning message:

Warning after authorization

Sorry for this being german. In english: "All requested functions are authorized already for this computer". 

0 Kudos
SilkeLutzmann
New Contributor

Problem is fixed. There actually was no problem, I have to admit. I mixed up licenses of both ArcGIS versions 10.3 and 10.4. So sorry for waisting your time with stupid questions.

Thanks for your help. 

0 Kudos