Open Data Site searching all of ArcGIS Online, not my selected group

02-09-2017 06:27 AM
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

My open data site: http://dpcd-coaplangis.opendata.arcgis.com/  is not searching data based on the group I selected, it appears to be searching all of arcgis online.  

12 Replies
DanielFenton1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Leo,

We are aware of this issue and are actively working on a fix. It should be resolved shortly. We apologize for introducing this bug.

Daniel Fenton

Software Engineer

Open Data

LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks, I called in to tech support and they said the same thing.

0 Kudos
DanielFenton1

This has been resolved. Please check your site. Sorry again about the issue.

AnthonyWillis
New Contributor II

Unfortunately this is still occurring. The search is not looking at groups or tags, only item names. This is extremely problematic. We are a week away from launch and now have to reconsider whether to use this as a tool or not. Without proper search, it's not useful. We need some assistance with this and fast.

0 Kudos
AnthonyWillis
New Contributor II

After dropping some tags and re-adding them it appears the site re-indexed and tag searching is working again. Group queries are still working though. Progress and should help us with launch but we've got some reworking to go back and do now because we were going to heavily use groups instead of trying to manage tags which can be like herding cats. 

So, here's to herding cats.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

Hi Anthony, 

We have the group issue logged and it will be fixed on Tuesday, 3/28. 

Courtney

0 Kudos
AnthonyWillis
New Contributor II

?Thank you very much

0 Kudos
deleted-user-TsxHQFACbo34
New Contributor II

If it helps, our site is also experiencing issues with retrieving groups (the group-specific icons bring back all open data from our org), although the search function does work properly.

0 Kudos
CourtneyClaessens

This bug has been fixed. 

Courtney

0 Kudos