Emerging Hotspot Analysis symbology pattern disappears

Jump to solution
02-10-2017 08:10 AM
JamesMisencik
New Contributor

How do I recover Esri's unique pattern used for Emerging Hotspot Analysis?

I lose the pattern whenever I save and close a project. Also, sometimes the tool executes appropriately and sends the output directly to my project tab instead of displaying directly on the map and in the contents. When I then add it to the map from the project tab, it is all gray, and I'm unable to recover the EHSA pattern in the symbology tab. Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

You can reapply the pattern by using the Apply Symbology From Layer tool.  The Input will be your results and for the Symbology Layer navigate to wherever your install is ... \ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolBox\Templates\Layers\Emerging_All.lyrx (for ArcGIS Pro. For ArcMap, use the .lyr file). 

That being said ... losing the symbology whenever you close a project and the fact that the output is being sent to the Project tab and not the TOC are not expected behaviors ... they sound like they may be set-up issues?  You might reach out to tech support.

Hope this was helpful!

-Jenora 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JenoraD_Acosta
Occasional Contributor

You can reapply the pattern by using the Apply Symbology From Layer tool.  The Input will be your results and for the Symbology Layer navigate to wherever your install is ... \ArcGIS\Pro\Resources\ArcToolBox\Templates\Layers\Emerging_All.lyrx (for ArcGIS Pro. For ArcMap, use the .lyr file). 

That being said ... losing the symbology whenever you close a project and the fact that the output is being sent to the Project tab and not the TOC are not expected behaviors ... they sound like they may be set-up issues?  You might reach out to tech support.

Hope this was helpful!

-Jenora